Wednesday 27 May 2009

Experiment with light

An incredible jounrney! I have just joined a group of Quakers who 'experiment with light'. Every other week we do a simple meditation, following Rex Ambler's template. It has been illuminating and each time we meet, it gets better and better. I listen to the small, quiet voice inside - not knowing each time what's going to come up next. It is a bit scary but feels deep and powerful, somehow. And the group, the more we share, the more we connect and understand each others' strengths and frailties. Life seems more exciting and more empowering.

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    I stumbled on your blog, hope you don't mind. I am a poet, educator, and stained glass artist. I was interested in your Experiment With Light post because my speciality in my glass art is creating kaleidoscopes. I LOVE the effects of color and light and playing with it in glass and words are listed among my favorite things. Feel free to stop by my blog at: www.phawkenson.edublogs.org Expressive Domain to read my poems. I have a page on the left sidebar with information a link to a Power Point of my artistic creations. Please check it out, if you have time or interest. You may leave a comment there if I have permission to add myself to your list of followers. THANKS so much. ~phawkenson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    It was good to meet you at the weekend. I am going to try out a Quaker meeting soon. Fiona and I had a good chat about it.
    I hope that you take the opportunity to dance again.There is an event in Kendal on the weekend of the 17th next month. There are more people, more energy and rather more accessible dances. My email address is on the contacs page of my website anamcarahealingsanctuary.com.
    Best Wishes
    Graham/Malik

    ReplyDelete